Thursday, August 13, 2020

2020 Active Learning Room 101

 After waiting and waiting for years I finally had an opportunity to create an Active Learing Space for Jayden.

In April I found a garage to rent. 300 square feet, all for Active Learning!



And the work began!

First we installed peg boards which would allow me to get Jayden's favorite toys and noise makers in front of him. This way when he was standing, or sitting  his activity would be in front of him, not down on a table. In addition, he now has a reason to stand up and sit up!!

First I "laced" a some rope through the peg boards and purchased some clips so I could attach the items to the boards. I wanted the clips so that I can move them or change them if needed. Then I measured how high I would need to install them on the wall so he could reach them. I wanted him to reach up, not down.


No comments:

Post a Comment